We travel more than any generation gone past. Because of the advancement in transport technology, vast distances are only a few hours away. Most of us complain of jet lag but hardly think of the distance travelled. This vastly reduced travel time has made our world smaller and accessible. We are able to meet people from all parts of the world learn about their traditions and culture. Most rewarding is the experience we gain from travelling. However, before you hop on to that exotic destination, here are some tips for travelling.
- The obvious, research you travel destination. Get information about where you are going, their norms, taboos, laws, etc. This would save you many unpleasantries.
- Check the weather, this is to help dress appropriately for any temperature difference. If you reside in Texas and travel to northern Greenland, you sure will notice the shocking drop in temperature.
- Get both medical and general insurance, ensure it covers your destination for the duration of your stay.
- Do you require a visa? If you do, apply for one in good time. Confirm you have any other documentations required.
- Are there endemic infectious diseases at your country of destination? Seek medical information, if need be vaccinate yourself.
- Would you be driving to your destination? If yes, confirm that your driver’s licence is up to date.
- Are you conversant with their driving laws? Check also if you would need an international driver’s licence.
- Last but not the least, do you require a passport for your travel? If you do, is it up to date? Do you have ample time to renew it before you travel?
These simple but efficient tips would help take out some of the worries of travelling. Hope you have a safe trip!